Thursday, November 20, 2025

A Wild Profusion of Orders

  The gauze closest to the man's eye was quite bloody.  The outer wrapping, not so much, until we got about an hour and a half back towards the city. 


  Because they're going to tell us how the pandemic started, the Detective's shirt sleeves were splattered with blood.  A suspected "media person" took an ice pick to the eye.  "I don't really care how it started.  I just don't want it." The Detective tried to open a file cabinet labeled in loopy lettering, cleaning supplies.  "Who keeps their cleaning supplies in a file cabinet.  I mean I'm not the shapest knife in the drawer, but even I know you keep paperwork files in a file cabinet." He rattled the handle.  "It's locked." 

  An Asian person in a white coat came into the clinic's area.  He went to a metal locker, unlocked it, and loaded a needle with medicine.  He didn't seem to notice us.  He went into a locked door where the other Asian people from the global health org had gone with a local nurse.

  Sunlight splashed the concrete pad of a floor in the clinic as people in suits came into the area.  "We're finally here!" One woman said.  

  "My husband will be so glad to know if I do or don't have AIDS," another woman read an index card.  Part of a script segmented to stay on schedule building a bunch of PSA's.  "I hope she doesn't.  She's hot." A young man read his index card.  The last suit in was a black woman related to Lateesha, the local nurse debating whether or not to take a long-term job at the clinic.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweater guy was always finding stuff.

  Some girls had dragged an old rifle crate into the woods so he could put stuff he found in there.    An older sister in one of the really ...