Sunday, July 19, 2026

"Knock, knock, can we come in?"

  "They're the first guys!" 

  "Yeah, we're done discussing rape, breast cancer, lactating, and monthlies." 

  "Is this the writing workshop?" 

  "Yeah, the real life womyn's group is over." 

  "Be brave!  Cross the threshold." 

  "Hi." 

  "Whatcha studying this semester? Technically?" 

  "Writing.  Literary Journalism.  World Affairs.  And you?" 

  "Cyborgs." 

  "Why does the big tablet out there ask, (i)What is art?(i)" 

  "I think because it's a good question.  Plus the MFAIA had been in here.  And they are sort of torn and exploded on this whole life is art, art is life thing." 

  "And then mix in activism." 

  "That I don't do.  Getting up in the morning is as willfully active as I get." 

  "Did you go to the panel discussion?" 

  "The human rights thing?" 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweater guy was always finding stuff.

  Some girls had dragged an old rifle crate into the woods so he could put stuff he found in there.    An older sister in one of the really ...