Saturday, July 11, 2026

"Well, okay then, who gave

  them the coconut rum cake?" 
  "The Congo Line," one kid said, smiled with missing teeth, and belched. 
  "HE DID!" A girl pointed then crossed her arms. 
  The grown up pushed the den door open farther. 
  A man on the sofa covered in girls. 
  "Tellie!  (i)How dare you(i)
  The man stood.  The girls on his lap falling to the floor, his hands saluting and rolling out a red carpet in the air, and then into his pants pocket for cigarettes and lighter. 
  "(i)Just drop in without notifying anyone(i)." 
  "I'm not dead, why would I send notification?!" 
  The lady swooshed a clinging child weighing on her skirt.  "But still," 
  "But still nothing.  I was all over the place.  On TV." 
  "On TV," the lady repeated, her mind swimming. 
  "She's fainted!  Get me the ice bucket." 
  The bunny girls fanned the lady with a Reader's Digest and TV Guide.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweater guy was always finding stuff.

  Some girls had dragged an old rifle crate into the woods so he could put stuff he found in there.    An older sister in one of the really ...