"We walked."
"Mostly."
"Is this the 'fall line'?"
"What's a fall line? And what are you people doing on my property?"
"Now that's a long story."
"At least she called us people."
"We are."
"Mostly. This one's a yeti."
The individuals in the little band of wanderers stood in the skinny tree line. "You hear that?" Everyone listened, called out sounds heard. "Sounds like a cork screw."
"A cork screw?"
"Could be those bo weevels."
"Bo weevels? Girl, the only cotton around here is in the yeti's underwear."
"And you know this how?"
"I'm not wearing any so the guy's maybe projecting."
"Well, people project ideations and fantasies. Not sure about underwear wearing."
"Someone determine if this is what the dead guy, I mean, not active duty guy, meant on this treasure map about WNC / civilization."
"I hate it when they say any home is not civilization."
"But do you hate that this is home now?"
The woman closed her eyes and smelled the air and smiled.
No comments:
Post a Comment