Wednesday, August 12, 2026

"Most of mine had a conscience," one young woman

  snapped at another young woman. 

  "What's the conversation du jour in the living laboratory this morning?" An older correspondent asked a young man.  The young man's face froze.  Somebody had talked to him and not just anybody but (i)this guy(i).  Had been in the Cold War (i)and(i) working in the Gulf.  "Started out about teachers and trainers.  Could be a cat fight at any moment with those two." 

  "You're saying mine doesn't." 
  "I'm not saying that.  I didn't say that, make some comparison statement between the two men." 
  Arms crossed.  Practice at holding back stinging tears so makeup doesn't run. 
  "But since you took it there I'll tell you I've worked with both.  It's complicated." 
  "Simplify." 



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Most of mine had a conscience," one young woman

  snapped at another young woman.    "What's the conversation du jour in the living laboratory this morning?" An older corresp...