quieting of voices passing law students, "Honey, that's just a honey I'm home kiss. I want another kiss with (i)flavor(i). Man, did he kiss her."
"Like a 'burst of flavor'?"
"Exactly."
"The room's not ready yet," a techie glanced up from a phone and said. The slide projector slumped over a box of "family picks". Because one corner of the cardboard was weak. "Looks like your mango box is about done for," one person said.
"What? Has anyone seen these numbers?"
"Oh, numbers guy."
"What numbers?"
The voices behind the door grew louder. "Used to be. A lot of things used to be. The guys in White used to consult with the military. A girl used to be a girl you could count on to type things up properly. I used to be your Dad. And you used to ask me for my advice. Now people are users. And the machines want input!"
The door opened before numbers guy could pull the techie out of the way. The elder man was still looking at the younger man coming out of the room. It was a spectacular rebalancing dance but the elder never hit the floor.
No comments:
Post a Comment