He was standing between a gaggle of reportorial types and a line of buses. "Okay, so as most of you know, I've always been more into politics than like crime and drugs." Someone boo'd. The smells of breakfast mingled with bus exhaust.
He laid down the ribbon in the dewy grass.
"Did I leave anybody hanging on information or assignments?"
"What are you doing?" A woman asked. Another took a picture of the ribbon.
"Everybody sure?" Nobody said anything. "Once I cross this line I'll be a political operative and not an independent journalist anymore even though I can be reached if there's something I can do."
"For our sorry asses?"
Some of the younger guys started to get looks of ambition jostling.
"Anybody want to join me?" More pictures being snapped was the response. "Well alrightie then," the man stepped over the ribbon, and looked at everyone. Then went into the highway restaurant.
No comments:
Post a Comment